Author Archives: solitaireparke
The Fourth of July—also known as Independence Day or July 4th—has been a federal holiday in the United States since 1941, but the tradition of Independence Day celebrations goes back to the 18th century and the American Revolution. On July 2nd, 1776, the Continental Congress voted in favor of independence, and two days later delegates from the 13 colonies adopted the Declaration of Independence, a historic document drafted by Thomas Jefferson. From 1776 to the present day, July 4th has been celebrated as the birth of American independence, with festivities ranging from fireworks, parades and concerts to more casual family gatherings and barbecues.
In tribute to our country – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LSarhZpnM
Have a great holiday!
The Dragomeir Series and all other books are now available on ebay!
You can go directly to ebay
or check out my website for all other available locations in various formats.
Once again it is Memorial Day, and for many it is a long weekend for camping, parties, lots of sales, and even Memorial Day cruises. There are many reasons why this day is notable. But let’s not forget the real reason – the important reason. It was set aside to remember and honor all those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in the military service of America . . . Those who died fighting to preserve our lives and our freedom. They won’t be here to celebrate with us because they gave up everything for us. So amidst our celebrations, let’s pause and take time to remember the thousands of men and women whose lives were cut short so that we could live, and be with those we love to enjoy our freedoms.
God help us to remember the cost of our blessings and to remain worthy of that cost.
The new PREQUEL BOOK to the DRAGOMEIR SERIES is coming out this month and HERE IS THE COVER! The new book –
Daughter of the Dark Lord, Part One, The Burning Sky
– will inform you about the early years of “The Ariella”, Queen of the Dragons at Mt. Drago. It gives a better understanding of her earliest moments and how the environment into which she was born and the people surrounding her, shaped the character of a child and led to the unique leader she became. And of course, her best friend and dragon companion, Exxa, played an important role in shaping her life. So, if you loved the dragons in the Dragomeir Series, along with all the other amazing creatures, Daughter of the Dark Lord will give you an engaging look into the past of the Queen of the Dragons that will keep you wondering what happens next!
Check out the Dragomeir Series and my other books at www.solitaireparke.com.
If you’re struggling with feeling tired, uninspired, or have writer’s block, maybe you should take a good look at your diet. We tend to blame everything for not being at our peak performance, but what if it’s partially as a result of what we eat? Creative minds place very tall demands on our brains, and to do our best work we should think about what affects our productivity. We probably won’t produce our best work if our bodies feel tired and sluggish. So check out the list below:
FOODS FOR CREATIVITY
- FISH – High in Omega3 fats which are essential for healthy brain function
- EGGS – Contains choline which enhances memory and reaction times
- WHOLE WHEAT BREAD, PASTA, AND BROWN RICE – They are digested more
slowly than their white equivalents, so you don’t experience creativity-killing energy
highs and lows
- BANANAS – Contains potassium needed for oxygen flow to the brain, keeps energy levels up with just the right amount of glucose
- BLUEBERRIES – Contain antioxidants which improve memory
- UNSALTED NUTS AND SEEDS – Great source of proteins and fats which provide long-lasting energy
- BROCCOLI – Your brain’s best friend. Contains Vitamin K which enhances cognitive functions – works best when eaten raw or roasted with olive oil and garlic
- SWEET POTATO CRISPS – Baked crisps, thinly sliced, with a little salt. Contains more potassium than bananas – needed for oxygen flow to the brain
If you know there are certain foods that will tempt you, just don’t keep them around.
Make sure you don’t over-indulge. Even healthy foods and snacks can quickly lead to a
sugar crash. (Avoid foods and snacks containing high fructose corn syrup).
It’s always a good idea to eat a healthy breakfast to start your day.
Have a snack a couple times during the day – maybe an apple or some unsalted nuts.
These are some ideas that should help to keep the creativity flowing and keep your brain functioning all day. So, what works for you? If you have a special diet that helps you to write, think, and learn better, let us know.