Category Archives: urban fantasy
The new PREQUEL BOOK to the DRAGOMEIR SERIES is coming out this month and HERE IS THE COVER! The new book –
Daughter of the Dark Lord, Part One, The Burning Sky
– will inform you about the early years of “The Ariella”, Queen of the Dragons at Mt. Drago. It gives a better understanding of her earliest moments and how the environment into which she was born and the people surrounding her, shaped the character of a child and led to the unique leader she became. And of course, her best friend and dragon companion, Exxa, played an important role in shaping her life. So, if you loved the dragons in the Dragomeir Series, along with all the other amazing creatures, Daughter of the Dark Lord will give you an engaging look into the past of the Queen of the Dragons that will keep you wondering what happens next!
Check out the Dragomeir Series and my other books at www.solitaireparke.com.
Return to the world of Oscar Zoroaster, The Wizard of Oz and many of the characters from L. Frank Baum’s classic books. Enjoy a whole new world where Oz is once again in the spotlight, along with ten genetically altered children who are attempting to save the world from this power hungry scientist who is determined to control the world with a computer virus. Johnny and his father meet Tinker, one of the ten children and together they forge ahead in the hope of survival in a strange world of machination and espionage. Their survival could be determined by how they utilize their fantastic genetic abilities, but will they have the determination to stop Oscar Zoroaster, and yet retain some semblance of their own humanity in the process?
The Iconic characters of L. Frank Baum’s beloved classic “Wizard of Oz” books are revived once again with an entirely new twist that is more in step with the present times.
”TINKER SMITH & THE CONSPIRACY OF OZ” is available at $0.99 for a short time in e-book format from Smashwords.
Also available in paperback at my website – www.solitaireparke.com
The Hell Hounds were initially encountered in the first book of the Dragomeir Series, “The Emerald Dragon.” These creatures were living at Mt. Drago after making a mass exodus from the Provinces of Hell, with the help of the Queen Mother or “The Ariella.” Inside Mt. Drago, they took up shop in an area of the mountain called Tarin’s Gallery.
The Hell Hounds are a genetically altered species that started off with a considerable amount of wolf and pit bull in their heritage. No one is really sure what else went into the mixture, but what we do know is that they went after size and stamina. The full grown males of this species top over three hundred pounds, stand about five feet tall and can run for days. Their fur is course and sometimes sparse, and they are predominately brown in color with brown eyes. Each one has a different and uneven muzzle, with teeth that protrude in a variety of directions, even with their mouths closed. They also sport an opposing thumb and forefinger.
What the Dark Lord of the Provinces didn’t expect was that they were a species on the fast track to sentience. Generations later, they were no longer just guard dogs. Through sheer will, a lot of death and destruction, and the help of a young girl, the Dark Lord’s daughter, they managed to escape.
By the eleventh generation they were not only intelligent, but self aware and very unhappy with the Dark Lord. That’s where “The Ariella” entered the picture and gave them an opportunity they couldn’t ignore – a chance to break away from a life of cruelty, maltreatment and servitude.
The Hell Hounds of today are drastically different than the ones written about in history. The ones in Mt. Drago would rather not fight; they are vegetarians and prefer to stay in one place to rear their children. They are deeply spiritual and have a great sense of humor.
Read about the Hell Hounds in the DRAGOMEIR SERIES Book One of Three Books –
And watch for the forthcoming book, a prequel to the first three books –
“Daughter of the Dark Lord
Part One – The Burning Sky”
Want to know more about any of the Mt. Drago Creatures ? – Contact me below!
The Urban Fantasy is here to usher the reader into the current incredible developments at Mt. Drago, located in Phoenix, Arizona. Just when the inhabitants believe that all is safe, a new threat is forced upon them by strangers that no one knew existed. They introduce a Gate system that is not only extraordinary, but could very well be the end to mankind.
As a result of these peculiar people, dragon rider Tanis and his fellow riders are still battling the Dark Lords of the Provinces even though they have managed to acquire the third Crystal Key. Even with the introduction of the new dragons, the Amphiteres, will they be able to fend off the intense evil that has threatened to devastate their world?
Join The Ariella and her riders as they contend for their lives and possibly those of all humanity in “The Egg of the Amphitere” – Now at the following locations –
Thanks for following – Happy New Year 2016 to Everyone!!!
It’s time for the Holidays! Mt. Drago has once again erected the Christmas tree in the middle of Commons. This one is the second of its kind, and has been decorated by the kids of Mt. Drago. Last year they picked their favorite dragon and created a Christmas ornament for them. At the end of the season all of the ornaments were gathered up and boxed for this year’s celebration. We have more children approaching the age where participation is possible and a whole new bumper crop of dragon ornaments to hang from the tree. All of the ornaments were carefully wrapped and packed into a series of “Holders of Things” to ensure they were kept safe.
Above is an image of the new and updated tree. We hope your Holiday Season is as joyful as ours. Merry Christmas!
From our family to yours…
Tanis, Demi, Bubo, and Chaos.
Go to solitaireparke.com to find the Dragomeir Series Books at various locations.
Since I am currently writing a series of books which are centered on Dragons, I thought it might be interesting to find out (from the Dragon Rider’s perspective) what makes them behave and keeps them happy.
The Dragomeir Series – Urban Fantasy
And the Forthcoming book
My main character, Tanis Theatra, has not only one, but three Dragons to manage on a daily basis. So, how do you deal with creatures that are potentially dangerous, if nothing else, because of their size (Enormous would be an understatement) and then there’s that little thing about breathing fire/plasma, or just getting in the way if their mood isn’t so great and they’re just hungry. How do you pacify or keep a Dragon in a good humor? Well, according to Tanis, here are some tips –
- The only thing to fear is fear itself. Just keep telling yourself that, two and a half tons isn’t all that big. Dragons have an uncanny sixth sense about where you are at all times. You’ll probably trip over their tail long before they step on you.
- Fire can be a problem during impression, but except for rare occasions, it’s mostly a matter of symbolism. Baby Aguivas on the other hand will teach you from experience not to stand at either end. Accidents only happen to the unwary.
- Amphiteres are born angry, so consequently get up on the wrong side of the grotto every day. They want to play, and it’s a thin ploy that lets them act out their frustrations, so play with them a lot. It helps in so many ways.
- A dragon will get grumpy if they’re not fed enough, but the same result happens when they’re fed too much. Either way brings out the pent up hostility in a reptile. Once every four days is a general rule of thumb, but understand, too much is worse. Dragons grow throughout their lives and the rider is the last word on how much they eat and grow.
- In a Dragon’s “Holder of Things”, a container much like a metal trash can, you can often find one of their favorite toys – a Frisbee – which makes them very happy. They can be extremely child-like in many ways.
- One of a Dragon’s favorite things is cherry candy and they will do pretty much whatever you want to get it.
- Dragons hear your thoughts and mirror your emotions. The more stable you become, the happier your dragon will be. It’s a good recipe for both parties when the rider is on his/her game.
So, now you’ve learned a few interesting facts about the Dragons of Dragomeir. They’re really quite compelling, although they can be very formidable if you make them angry. But to a Dragon Rider there is no greater creature in the universe!
Join Tanis and his friends as they uncover fascinating relationships, deceptions, betrayals, mysterious technology, and old-world charm and of course – Dragons!